Respect and etiquette are the most important aspects of training within the karate-do. We expect all members to abide by the rules of the dojo.
- Bow upon entering and leaving the dojo.
- Your dogis (uniform) must be kept clean and tidy at all times.
- If a you need to adjust your dogis and/or obi (belt), it is considered goos etiquette to turn away from the shomen (front of the dojo). If facing a partner, please turn away from your partner whilst you make adjustments.
- Nails must be kept short and clean at all times.
- Jewellery cannot be worn while training. If you have a ring that cannot be removed, please cover it with tape and/or a plaster.
- Foul or abusive language is not tolerated and will result in expulsion from the club.
- Please discuss any religious requirements you may have with your instructor.